When it comes to disinfecting surfaces and cleaning your hands, wet wipes can come in very handy. I keep a stash of both alcohol wipes and regular wet wipes in my home for different purposes.
Alcohol wipes are great for sanitizing surfaces and hands. They work by killing germs and bacteria using isopropyl alcohol or ethyl alcohol. I recommend getting alcohol wipes with at least 60% alcohol content for effective disinfection. I use alcohol wipes for:
- Wiping down high-touch surfaces like countertops, door handles, remotes, keyboards, my phone, etc. This helps reduce germs and bacteria in my home.
- Quickly sanitizing my hands when I don’t have access to soap and water. This is useful when I’m out and about.
- Some alternative disinfectant ingredients in wipes include benzalkonium chloride and triclosan. However, studies show that alcohol is the most effective at killing germs.
My favorite alcohol wipes are YIBERO, which contain 75% alcohol and have a good amount of wipes in each pack.
Regular wet wipes are perfect for wiping hands and faces. I typically opt for fragrance-free options that are gentle enough for my sensitive skin. I use wet wipes for:
- Doing a quick wipe down of my kids’ hands and face after meals, playtime, and trips outdoors. This makes clean up fast and easy.
- Fragrance-free, dye-free and alcohol-free options are best for sensitive skin since they avoid potential irritants.
- Wiping my own hands when hand washing is not an option. While they’re not as effective as soap and water, wet wipes still remove some dirt and grime.
My go-to wet wipes are YIBERO. They are features that make them effective and gentle.